Sunday, July 30, 2017
Adventure is Out There!
I do realize that it's been almost 6 months since I last posted on the blog, and I've been told by more than one person I should post more often. Watching three toddlers will keep you busy, but I suppose if I were to wait until I was out of excuses, my first post would probably be my last.
Much has changed since we started our beginning on Sunset Street. We have a dog (Whaaaaat?? Yes. For real this time. She's perfect for us.), Chase has a new job that is much better and less stressful than his last one, we have both a coffee table AND a lawn mower (I can't decide which I'm more excited about) and we're making lots of friends. I also have two church callings that keep me on my toes, teaching the Gospel Principles class and I am the pianist for Relief Society. I love both of these callings so much. Music has always been an important part of my life and a lot of people say that, but I don't mean listening to music when I say that, I mean MAKING music. I could write a whole other post about that and maybe I will. I also could write a whole other post about how much I love teaching Gospel Principles. Most of the time, there's only 2-4 people in the class (on the weeks people actually attend) but they say when you give a talk or teach a lesson, half of the time it's something the teacher or speaker needed just as much as the people hearing what they're presenting. Even if no one shows up to class, I have the spiritual uplifting of just preparing the lesson. I never realized how much I didn't know about the Gospel and how much the scriptures could mean to me. I feel like my spirit and testimony has grown by leaps and bounds. These callings have been a beautiful blessing in my life.
Now, for the actual reason I decided to sit down and write- Will is 1,200 miles away from me having his very own adventures. So many emotions flooded my heart as I wrote that sentence. Love, pride, worry, love, and a little bit of anxiety (may be the same as worry, idk). This morning, I questioned for the first time if I was doing the right thing as my son, crying, asked over FaceTime for me to come get him. He calmed down and of course now he's fine and happy.
The night before he left I made sure we got to talk extra, snuggle extra, watch extra animal videos. I knew I should be packing for his trip but I couldn't bring myself to do it. The next morning before he left I packed all his things and it was really nice because instead of being tired and emotional like I was the night before, it was kind of theraputic. I got to pick out his outfits and think about all the adventures he was going to have in them, the people he was going to see and the fun things he would be able to do by letting him spend time with my family, even though that meant not seeing me for a little while.
I know it's only the beginning of a long trip and that this is probably one of the hardest things I've had to do as a mother but I also know that this wasn't a rash decision by any means. Days of weighing options, pros and cons, dedicated thought and prayer lead us to allowing Will to travel and have this adventure. I'm so glad he's got this opportunity and grateful for my mom and her family for taking such good care of him. I know car rides with him aren't always smooth sailing even though he can be the silliest and sweetest little guy in the whole world. I'm also grateful to all the family who will be spoiling him for me, taking care of him, feeding him, making sure he says his prayers and brushes his teeth. I'm also grateful for my grandparents who will be bringing him back home to me, and for all the Texas family who are willing to let him go for a little bit even though I know they miss him every day he's gone.
Thanks to all who have made it this far in my post :) If nothing else, I want whoever is reading to know that I have a testimony that God is good. He knows you, and is in the details of YOUR life. He has a plan specifically set in motion for you. You may think you've missed your chance at this or that, but sometimes what he has in store for you takes time. There are so many details and so many ways he is there if you just look with your heart instead of your eyes... Anyway, I promise there are good things ahead! Until next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment